Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Identity Crisis: Lost in Rhyme




How should I live
the rest of my life?
Still not knowing
is a mental strife!

A rustic cabin on
the mountainside,
deep in the woods
where I can hide?

A wooden cabana
on a tropical isle,
livin’ la vita loca
in a covert style?

An artsy apartment
in some major city,
lost amid millions,
writing silly ditty?

An old hippie bus
on the open road,
chillin’ all the way
in free spirit mode?

Who am I, really;
does anyone know?
By which persona
should I now go:

A mountain man,
or a Jimmy Buffet;
an artsy metro guy,
or a gypsy rough it?

I’ve been all four,
from time to time;
searching for self
in lines of rhyme.

~gj duerrschmidt



For more by this writer, visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment