Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Friday, April 19, 2013

The Drifter





They placed me in a capsule
when I was just a boy;
They said it was best for all
for me now to deploy.

Deploy? Why am I leaving?
Why must I have to go?
Oh child, must you question?
You’ve no need to know.

Sleep child. Rest peacefully,
as you lift off into space.
Do as we say, not as we do;
challenge is such disgrace.

We eat only what’s provided,
learn only what is taught.
There is no room for thinking;
blind obedience is our lot.

A thinking man is dangerous;
the past has proven so.
Because you buck the system,
it’s time for you to go.

Into space we commend you,
pray God your soul to take.
There is no need to fear death,
for you’ll not be awake.

I’m falling asleep in a capsule,
leaving against my will;
living my life out in a dream,
…drifting…at least…until...

~gj duerrschmidt


No comments:

Post a Comment