Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Key West: Stuck in a Moment!

My apologies to those of you who have taken the time to visit my blog on a recurring basis. As you have no doubt observed, there have been no new posting in weeks now.

This has been a tumultuous couple of weeks for me. I've been doing my best to make the VW fully road worthy, mainly involving a lot of small tedium preventative maintenance issues. Additionally, I've been in a reading mood, and have stayed engrossed in a few works simultaneously, from which I have been gaining great insight and motivation toward my own works. But, truth be known, there have been extenuating circumstances. Aren't there always?

A technological distractor has been the failure of my laptop this past week. A real bummer, one that significantly impacted my transition into the reading mode. But, the laptop has not been the only thing that has suddenly crapped out ~ I have as well!

Poor diet, and too much "happy hour" on a regular basis, have taken their toll on me in the form of annoying insomnia and painful gout in my right elbow and left foot. Yes, I've been a damn fool, and now I'm paying for it!

As I convalesce, I've begun two new posts: one on the topic of "simplicity, and the other on "finding the magic." I trust you will check back in over this next week. I promised myself that I would get back into the swing of things. Speaking of which...

Also this past week, I was peacefully swinging in my hammoch, reflecting on my sorry, self-inflicted plight, when...BAM!!! Without any warning, the ropes gave way at the head side, slamming me smartly onto the twisted, rocky ground!

The cross board of the hammock was directly under my neck as I impacted, resulting in quite a sharp, concerning blow. So, there I lay, motionless, with throbbing gout foot and swollen elbow, with what became a bruised back,... stunned, dazed, and confused... alone, with no help in sight.

After accessing physical damage, I managed to roll onto my side, and crawl over to the picnic table, where I was able to prop myself up, and eventually stand on my one good foot.

I'm sure that the sudden, thunderous crash sent dozens of chameleons and geckos, and at least two iguana, all scurrying for their lives!

Hey, I'm supposed to be hitting the road in a couple weeks. Time to shake off the events of the past two week, and shape up! Wouldn't you agree?

Peace and love,

~GJ Duerrschmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment