Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Don’t Like You, But I Love You. (or, In the Words of Marilyn Manson...)




I don’t like how you seem bent on slamming 
the flaws of my family every chance you get,
and believe me, you never miss a chance;
but I love the way your kisses make me stir. 

I don’t like how you berate and belittle my
Ivy League education, military service, and the
many personal and professional accomplishments;
but I love the way you feel naked beside me.

I don’t like the way you suck all the joy and
happiness I get out of going shopping for little
things that make my life more fun and enjoyable:
but I love the skillful way you suck me.

I don’t like your constant Debby Downer ways,
or how your relentless, outspoken negativity
weighs so heavily upon my weary heart and soul;
but I love the positive ways you fuck me.

I don’t like the thought of living without you,
or believing that the time has come when
perhaps it’s best that we go our separate ways;
but I love the way Marilyn Manson puts it:

“I’m not in love, but I’m gonna fuck you, ‘til
something better comes along.”


~gj duerrschmidt



For more by this writer, visit:
The Orangenous Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment