Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Florida Keys: Paradise Interrupted (or, an old man's lament)




So, I sit and wonder
     laughing at my inability
     to surf the Internet
as I scratch my gut
     reminding me that
     I’ve lost my desirability
to the young and beautiful
     and, ask myself why
     why, damn it!? Why?
How has it gotten this way?
     and here I am again
     another weekend alone
clutching my remote control
     eating macaroni and cheese
     in my luxury Florida beach home
an old guy and a hundred houseplants
     tropical fish and a dozen wind chimes
     given up on material dreams
watching my sons become alcoholics
     and my cock
     go unused

~gj duerrschmidt


More from this writer at:

No comments:

Post a Comment