Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Key West: Nights With A Guest (A Haunting Tale)




I was awakened again in the early morning,
and once again the clock read 3:33.
It has happened six times over two weeks,
but I have since solved the mystery.

What could it be about these triple digits?
What was rousting me up out of bed?
The occurrence was strange and disturbing.
Might it be some message from the dead?

In the quiet stillness of the ungodly hour,
I’d go to the kitchen to brew some tea.
Then wait in the darkness until daybreak;
not a sound, nothing spoke to me.

I’d no fear or sense of impending disaster,
but sensed strong presence in the room;
I soon accepted it was a shy, lonely spirit;
wanting company, one could only assume.

I don’t know if it had lived here before me;
or how it passed to not have found rest.
What I do know is that my condo is haunted.
I now nap and spend nights with a guest.

~gj duerrschmidt


More by this writer:

No comments:

Post a Comment