Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Boy In An Orange Bow Tie




A boy in an orange bow tie
smiles as I leave my house each day;
and
when I return each evening,
he smiles at me in the same way.

If hurried, I dash quickly by him,
knowing full well that he is there,
making
no attempt at eye contact,
still he smiles not having a care.

Sweet, that smile, the innocence,
sad how quickly boys do grow,
into
men with old framed photographs
of those they used to know.


~gj duerrschmidt

For more by this writer, visit:
The Orangenous Zone 

2 comments:

  1. It is time that you start making a collection and seeing to it that it is distributed/preserved in a way that will outlive you. Perhaps you think of them as mere quips but, in my humble opinion as a former Arts Council President, this is art.

    Leave something for posterity. There is no one else; again, in my opinion, worthy of agreeing with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim. This is the nicest compliment, and encouragement I have yet to receive since starting this blog.

      Delete