Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Letter to a Dear, Young Friend (or, Doing Versus Imagining)





My Dear Young Friend,

Most of what I experience
from now until the end of
my life will be imagined.

I’ve no longer the looks,
the body, the energy,
the will, nor the time left
to do most, if any of it.

Most of what you imagine
from now until the end of
your life you’ll experience.

You’ve got the looks, the
body, the vitality, the hot
desire, and the time left,
so, don’t waste a minute!

I once had all the time in
the world, and was afforded
many great opportunities.
I passed over most of them
because of one thing, and
one thing alone: fear.

Push the envelope, reach
beyond your comfort zone,
seize each moment as it
comes, be bold, and live
large on wide screen and
in Technicolor!

With much love, and envy,

your old friend,

~gj duerrschmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment