Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FAT Tuesday Eve in Key West

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The college Spring Breakers have already begun pouring into town. It's also Mardi Gras ~ ahhhhh, the Perfect Storm!

Like any dare devil, risk seeker, that has ever stood on an ocean front beach to watch a hurricane approach, I went downtown to witness the "happening;" you know, for nothing more than to simply catch a glympse.

As forecasted, the frolicking youth created a tornadic wind on Duval Street, that no matter how desperately I struggled to hold back, quickly sucked me into its powerful vortex, sending me tumbling wildly into the midst of the PAR-TAY!

Well...

I walked. I gawked. I stalked. I talked.

I pranced. I chanced. I danced. I pantsed.

I drank. I pranked. I yanked. I spanked.

...all in the name of FUN!

By 4 AM, with all the kids going strong, 

One said, "Hey pops, is anything wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," I yawned in midst of a song.

I slowed. It showed. They began to goad.

The old partay prince had become a toad.

Out of cash. Had to dash. Needed to crash.

But first off to Denny's! It'd be light soon.

Once outside, he climbed into his ride,

and slept like a baby til noon.


Well, today is Fat Tuesday, when the REAL party happens.

I had my Fat Tuesday last night. I'm all tapped out.

Seriously thinking about giving up "all night partying" for Lent. However, I DO reserve the right to change my mind, should the perfect conditions present themselves again!


Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment