Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Key West: A Clutch Cable Climax



Like always, he started slowly,
making sure all moving parts 
had adequate lube;
pumping my clutch as needed,
commanding the gears while
gripping my tube.

He drove me faster and faster,
taking me to new places I’ve
not before been;
masterfully slowing ‘n stopping,
pulling out of gear and then
thrusting back in.

He rode me it seemed forever,
up and down main street then
an alley ‘round back;
stopping only to shift direction,
then kept right on trucking like
King of the Mack.

When about to bring it all home,
there was no question who’d be
getting there first;
we managed to finish together,
once last pump and my worn
clutch cable burst!

~Vintage van GO[gh]
(a.k.a. gj duerrschmidt)


For more by this writer:

No comments:

Post a Comment