Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Soup: Therapy for the Soul




Feeling a mental drain
from a world gone insane,
from all the:
shootings after shootings,
political feudings;
tornado destruction,
no power conduction;
ice and snow storming,
damn global warming;
so down with the blues,
I turned off the news
and made soup.

Turning full attention
from normal convention,
I began to:
slice and sauté
garlic ‘n onions my way,
peel and cut spuds,
downing cold suds;
bring it all to a boil,
getting into the toil;
make fresh egg noodles,
by hit’n miss doodles;
happy ‘n high as a kite,
I stirred with delight
making soup!

Cooking comfort food
helps calm a dude,
I must say:
it keeps full focus
on one’s own hocus pocus;
turns off world reality
with blissful totality;
warm tho’ts of mother’s,
of good times and druthers;
heals one’s worn soul,
simply smelling a bowl.
I’ll sleep good tonight,
no longer uptight,
thanks to soup.

~gj duerrschmidt


For more by this writer:
The Orangenous Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment