Title blurb




"From one LIGHT come many colors." ~GJ Dürrschmidt

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Key West: Night After Christmas




Tis the night after Christmas
and all through the house,
not a creature is stirring,
not even a…well okay,
two dwarf albino, 
black-clawed,
amphibious African frogs,
one blue, one red Goramy,
and, oh yeah, almost
forgot the Siamese 
fighting fish.

But, I digress...

The stockings hung on the
wall are still there.
All treasure’s been pillaged,
they’re totally bare.

I'm not wearing PJ's,
nor am I a cap, about
to settle in for a long
winter night's nap;

When down in my belly
there arose such a clatter,
great pain in my gut,
oh no, what' the matter?!

I ran to the toilet and
and threw up the seat!
Vomiting! Squirting!
God, what did I eat?!

Marzipan, chocolates,
Christmas cookies galore,
Bud Lights, brandy coffee,
bean burritos, and more…

Tangerines, egg nog,
cracked nut after nut,
chili dip and hot sauce
now burning my butt.

Sitting here suffering,
one thing's quite clear:
no more of that 
damn egg nog;
I'm sticking only to beer!

~gj duerrschmidt



 For more by this writer:

No comments:

Post a Comment